Wednesday, March 10, 2010

"I love my Thugs"

Friday will be a busy day for the Lane County Circuit Court. Not only will they be hearing the assault case for U of O Runningback Lamichael James, but also the theft charges involving Quarterback Masoli and Wide Receiver Garret Embry. Back on January 17th I wrote a blog concerning Lemichaels assault. In it I stated the U of O was out a star Runningback and our Student Body was nonplussed about what would happen next. Well now we have at least a few answers. Lamichael recently changed his claim from Non-Guilty to No Contest. The result? A plea bargain. He can now come onto campus (initially he was banned due to a restraining order), he can return to classes and athletic programs. This means he must attend a Batterers Intervention Program along with other punishments. As great as this seems, the victory is bittersweet. The charge still stands that James assaulted his girlfriend and that's something that stay with him his whole life. Football star or not. As for Masoli and Embry, the story remains the same. Either players clean up their act or come next year students shirts will read "I love my Thugs" instead of "I love my Ducks".

0 comments:

Post a Comment