Monday, March 29, 2010
Downpours and Due Dates
So it's Monday and I've got a mad case of the Blues. Today began with classes and a torrential downpour. I must be in Eugene, I thought, as rain bogged down my boots. Its quite a shocker to come from the beautiful shores of a Tropical Paradise and find myself knee deep in textbook readings and puddles. It's not all bad. With each new term brings a chance for new beginnings. A chance for me to own the neophytes at French composition and wow them with my knowledge of verb conjugation. It's a good feeling, although fleeting. Because soon I feel the pinch of due dates and the pressures of pre-mid-term quizzes. There is one thing I look forward to, especially now while soaking from my last venture outside. And that is, nicer weather. Soon enough we'll all be able to say goodbye to the raincoats and broken umbrellas and hello to shorts and sunshades. So here's to the new term! Welcome back to reality.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment