Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Hungry for an Apple?

Don't go towards the light! Or should I say, Don't go towards the giant blinking Apple! As any techie knows Apple has just released its Ipad, and I'm sorry but I just cannot muster any support for this horrendous flop of technological half-assidy. It's true that when I heard Apple was releasing a rival to the Tablet PC, I was genuinly excited to see what Jobs had in store. However, after witnessing the waste of technological opportiunity that the Ipad is, I had to fall on my knees and yell to the heavens "WHY!?!?!?" What does Apple have in mind with pushing this oversized iPod touch on the American Consumer? Why are they laying traps for their loyal and valiant buyers? The so called "Apple Fiends" who have an insasiable hunger for overpriced machinery sporting that ominous piece of fruit are being preyed on by their own supplier. The same story can be said of your local drug dealers. They reel you in with promises of acceptance and then BAM! They have you for life. Its as if Apple is trying to carve out a market where there is none; you know the odd twighlight zone between full-fledged Flash enabled tablet computer that would rival those of HP, Toshiba and Fujitsu and a glorified, oversized version of the Iphone (without a call function or camera). Ultimately, this Ipad is a step down from everything that we were expecting from the Californian based innovator. Its like buying a Betamax player just because all your friends are doing it, after VHS has taken control of the market. So please don't be like the sheep being led to the slaughter, stand up in the face of socially demanded material things in the name of Logic; because frankly what you could do with your Iphone, Ipod or Macbook is exponentially more than you could ever do with this inconsequential paperweight.

0 comments:

Post a Comment