Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Big Game Gamble

So what the heck has happened to American advertising? Do the big wigs at Agencies everywhere think Americans are all a bunch of brainless slobs who like to eat potato chips and get fat? Granted, that is the case for most Americans these days and granted Ad companies are into maximizing their public appeal; but America is also about the minority, it's about championing the underdog, and routing for the little guy. So, I ask, Where are my commercials? Where are my witty 30 second comedy sketches? I tell you, nowhere! I am stuck on Superbowl Sunday watching pantless men parading in a field and hearing pathetic dialogue about men being comfortable in their skin. Where have the balls of the Ad agencies gone? The best thing they have now are screaming Dorrito fiends and Troy Palamalu as a tiny man living in a hole. It's pathetic. You'd think with companies ponying up a cold Mil to air a commercial during Superbowl Prime Time, they'd come up with something better than a backtalking 5 year-old who doesn't want his Momma or his Dorritoes to be touched. Also, with having a year to plan, they could at least get good writers to turn out something worth spending millions on. Even a mediocre writer with an idea would suffice. All I'm saying is the Advertising in this country has been dumbed down to a point of contentment by the minority who deserve better; because frankly we do.

0 comments:

Post a Comment